REFORMATION top, GUCCI chain wallet (similar HERE and HERE) , Zara star choker and black high waisted pants
Honey, I’m home!
I’ve been gone for a hot minute, yeah that’s an understatament. But you know, life happens. SHRUGS.
I’m currently contemplating what to write, all while swaying to some Foster The People and balancing a very sleepy pug on my lap. I guess I can’t complain. Life is pretty sweet. It’s been almost 4 months since I married my beau of 9 years. SWOON. I’ll get into all that in a separate post, where I’ll gush over my wedding and what a dream it was. Heavy heavy sigh.
In the meantime, I leave you with this total 90’s esque look. Black high-waisted pants with a silky top showing a little midriff. A dash of pink romance and some glittery gold, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
P.S I truly wanted to start this post with “I’ve been gone for a minute, now I’m back with the jump off”, but I don’t think you guys are ready for that..
P.S #2 If you sang the song in your head, without looking it up.. well I ADORE you. ♡
Till next time
T by Alexander Wang bodysuit, Urban Outfitters high rise jeans, Alexander Wang chastity bag, Zara sandals, Miu Miu sunglasses | Makeup – lips: Lime Crime retrofuturist Liner: Kat Von D ink liner
I recently celebrated my birthday, my 28th to be exact. I won’t lie, that day I woke up feeling pretty bummed but as the day progressed I felt better and actually starting feeling lucky. There’s nothing that compares to the feeling of being loved by so many, not gifts or anything outside of that. At the end of the day, I’m human and it happens!
Okay, enough sappiness. Now on to the good stuff, I decided to treat myself to this KILLER bodysuit as an early birthday gift. The moment I saw it on the website, I snagged it right away. I didn’t even think about it. The criss cross back detail is something that I haven’t really seen out there, I’m completed obsessed. I recently found out there’s a white version of it and I’m completely tempted. I’m already aching to wear it again, it goes with everything!
I paired it with this choker that I’ve recently purchased off of eBay (one of my favorite alternatives). I’ve been lusting over a thick leather (faux leather, whatever) choker for quite some time. The one that I originally wanted was a Givenchy one but after countless of times of not being able to find the one I wanted, I gave up and resorted to eBay. It was around $30 dollars or so and it’s exactly what I wanted. A great statement piece and saved plenty of dollars compared to the other price tag. HAH!
UNIF frost sweater, Zara Skirt, Furla mini candy bag c/0), black beret (SIMILAR) , RayBan sunglasses
lipstick | Lime Crime retrofuturist
You know you want something really really bad when you wait for MONTHS till it goes back in stock and purchase it the minute you get an exciting Back in Stock email. HAH. I’ve been obsessing over it for like ever. The combination of all the pastels just make me so damn happy. Let’s not forget the cozy factor it has. What a dream.
Another obsession of mine at the moment is putting slightly deep waves in my hair. Gives me total retro glam vibes, and it’s a great feeling when your hair looks like you totally made an effort. Ha. The tool I use is Irresistible Me’s saphire 8 curling wand. It includes 8 sizes and it is b-o-m-b. I obtain these waves with the thickest barrel size they have, it goes best with my short hair. Love it. I actually want to do a tutorial of how I achieve it so keep a lookout for that!
- Amazing Cosmetics face primer
- Benefit Cosmetics erase paste brightening concealer (in fair)
- Amazing Cosmetics amazing concealer (in fair golden)
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer brush
- Make Up For Ever HD power
- Real Techniques sponge
When it comes down to getting ready, my makeup routine has definitely changed over the years. It’s always exciting to find new tips and tricks to achieve that perfect look you want to achieve. My current obsession now is concealing. This makes a huge difference in your face and I love it. I like to place several small dots of my chosen concealer underneath my eyes to block out my dark circles. This girl needs all the help she can get in that area, haha. I then like to blend it out with a damp Real Technique’s sponge, it gives it a nice smooth finish. Once that’s done , I like to place a dot of the erase paste brightening concealer in the inner and outer corner of my under eye and blend it inwards with my ring finger. Very simple step but you see the results immediately. This products is great for a little more concealing and brightening the area of your choice. I’m obsessed, I wish I would have known about it earlier. The last step is dabbing some finishing powder in the area and waiting a couple of minutes, a little “baking” action as they call it. This brightens and mattifies the skin. Once it’s been set, I like to take a big brush and dust the remaining products away. I finished the rest of my face and voila, all done!
(All products were gifted except Make Up Forever’s HD power. All opinions are my own.)
As someone that is completely hooked on all things beauty, trying out new products brings joy to my whole being. No joke, it’s an obsession really. Ulta Beauty is having this crazy “21 days of beauty sale” and I’m all for it. All the products I love or that I want to try out are usually never on sale so when an opportunity like this comes along, then you better believe I’m going to check it out. My bank account may or may not thank me, haha.
These are some of the few things I’ve been wanting to try out for a while now, so I’m going to give you my thoughts on them.
- Philosophy purity made simple one-step cleanser – This cleanser is AWESOME. I have normal/dry skin so I tend to have a bit of trouble looking for a cleanser that doesn’t dry out my skin too much. When I finish cleansing, my skin feels clean like a fresh palette ready for the next skin care step. You can definitely feel like it did the job as soon as you remove the product with water. Plus it works wonders with removing makeup as well, which tends to be a hassle with some products. 5 stars all the way.
- BareMinerals prime time foundation primer – I’ve heard great things about BareMinerals products so this primer made me curious. As far as I can tell, this one works well. I’ve only gotten the chance to wear it twice, mainly because I haven’t been wearing much fountain lately. The times that I did wear it, it most definitely helped my makeup stay in place.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara – Okay, so I get pretty serious when it comes to mascara. I don’t have the longest lashes or biggest eyes in the world so I need all the help I can get. The main things I look for in mascara is that it thickens, lengthens, and maintain it’s shade of “blackest black”. If it has all of that, you’ll have me as a loyal customer forever. This products does exactly what I need it to. I was a little skeptical at first because of the brush itself but nope, everything was perfect. Plus, the packaging itself is pretty bad-ass.
- Too Faced la creme color drench lip cream in * Teddy Berry* – This lipcream in the color Teddy Berry, is an everyday kind of color. It goes on a bit sheer so you won’t feel the need to reapply very often. The color itself is a pretty dusty rose/mauve color. Oh, and the gold packaging, yes please! Heart eye-d emoji x’s 100.
Check out Ulta’s Beauty sale, you won’t regret it! The sale ends 9/26/15.
(All products were gifted by Ulta Beauty. All opinions are my own.)